It’s tough to get away from the daily grind sometimes, but that doesn’t mean it’s not beneficial to our careers. We all know Trade Shows are great places to network and meet up with potential clients and vendors. However, many shows also offer a unique opportunity to learn and grow as an automotive professional.
Even more than usual, the automotive aftermarket is undergoing significant evolution. Trade Shows are one way to keep yourself abreast of these changes. Depending on the show you are considering, trade shows feature the latest new products and innovations, advanced training by industry experts, as well as technology demonstrations to keep yourself ahead of the curve.
· The larger the trade show, the more exposure you will have to exhibiting companies from around the world displaying new products and parts. Look for the “big” shows and plan your time wisely, visiting the clients, vendors, booths and seminars which most interest, and which will most benefit, you.
· For automotive service professionals, check for the availability of advanced training programs on vehicles or shop equipment and technology. A wise man is one who knows that he doesn’t know everything. You’ll be surprised how much you can learn from people who do what you do, or something closely related, every day.
· Be on the lookout for sessions and forums on important topics, such as leading trends and outlook for the industry, new models, and emerging vehicle technologies. Certain shows even include personal topics such as building rewarding careers in the automotive industry.
· Avail yourself of training and attend seminars on topics you are not particularly familiar with to help gain a broader understanding of the industry. At a recent event, there were keynote speeches regarding elections, tariffs, EPA regulations, and so many more topics we may not consider in our day to day job functions, but which greatly affect our jobs.
· At the end of the day, instead of “crashing” in your hotel room, take advantage of the many social events that are scheduled. This is where you can speak to others one-on-one and make mutually-beneficial connections that could potentially last your entire career.
Here are some great options for upcoming Automotive Aftermarket Trade Shows where FJC will be exhibiting. Of course, there are many more—find one that’s right for you!
June 27-29, 2019
Rosen Shingle Creek Resort
November 5-7, 2019
Las Vegas, NV